Funniest Road Side Sign Photo Contest.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Done with people dying

Maybe I'm just extra sensitive because my Mom died recently, June 13th. But I am so done hearing about who died.
Ed McMahon, Farrah fawcett, the yelling dude from the infomercials, and of course Michael Jackson who I'm torn about because I believe he did everything that was said about him, but I also believe that had he been raised right, protected, he wouldn't have turned out the way he did. None of which makes what I believe he did right, but makes it hard to hate him completely for it, it's all effed up in my head.
I just hate the whole "celebrity" trumps other people crap. "300 homes were lost in the L.A. fires, of the homes lost were (3 random celebrities)" as if their homes matter more than everyone Else's...
And, as each "celebrity" passes, they are called the greatest this or that until the next day when another passes. I refuse to make this all about mj, but the term, greatest entertainer keeps coming up, and a Man, a Man I knew only by association passed today, that even though I never met the man, HE was a great performer, and who cares? who's gonna hear about it, set up a memorial?
The Man's name was Cain Lopez, and as a comedian, and knowing comedians and their nature,, when every comic you know describes another comic as incredibly funny, hilarious, one of the best, and also adds that he is a good guy, a good person, He is.
I'm just tired of the dying, the hierarchy, the idea that one death is more important than another, nobody trumps my Mom!! and who is to say who is a bigger loss?
All I know is this, if I am not related to, friends with, or personally connected to someone who has just passed, for the next few weeks or so,, I do not want to hear about it. I'm done with all the dying.
Dave.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave this is Mario your buddy from Mcallen. Yeah man I heard about Cain Lopez passing today as well.And you know a lot of us in this fratnertiy called Comedians we all felted it. I never met the man myself but many people I have performed with told me stories about the guy. And he seemed like such an awesome and good Man. We lost one of our "Brothers" today but I know he is up there making Billy Mays, Steve McNair, Farrah, Ed and The King Of Pop laugh their ass off.

    I lost my father about 5 years ago and I still feel the loss everyday. It's hard for me to talk about him but when I write about him it makes it easier for me to accept his passing. Your Mother bless her heart is smiling from above proud to have such a great son like yourself.

    Keep your head up homey. We all love you.

    ReplyDelete

A little comedy from Dave Bothun.

Some of Marc Yaffee's Comedy.

More from Dave Bothun.

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.