Funniest Road Side Sign Photo Contest.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dave Bothun and Marc Yaffee, Comedians, Entrepreneurs???

Hey ya'll,
Dave here, still can't believe how much Marc and I have
accomplished with this whole ShopI69.com thing,
it seems like it's been a lot longer than a month,
less than a month actually.
I've known Marc for right about 7 years now,
Marc was actually the first comedian to take me on
the road with him, and he didn't even know me at the
time, great guy, good friend.
I like working with Marc for 3 reasons, he's a good
dude, like I said. We write a lot of new material
whenever we work together, and last but not least,
Marc has no sense of smell,,, none.
So whenever we're driving and Marc rips one,
he looks over as He's rolling down the window and says
something like, "I don't know if that smells, so you better
roll your window down too" lol. Then when I rip one, I just
look over and smile.
So, we do comedy shows together when we can, usually
at least 6-7 road trips a year. A little over a month ago,
June 8th(My B-day) thru June 15th we were doing a tour
in South Texas (I'll post some video of the trip soon) We
started in San Antonio, drove up to Brownwood TX,
(Never heard of it either) then down to Laredo, and then
we worked our way east doing a show a night until we
ended up on South Padre Island, it was an awesome run
with some great shows. I could have done without the
weather though.
On Saturday, while driving to San Antonio to get a room
and fly out the next day, we passed a sign saying "future
junction Interstate 69" Well the jokes started flying, and we
had just been discussing merch, (the different things that
other comedians and ourselves sell after shows to try and
make some extra money). We soon decided to partner up
on the whole I-69 thing, and like I said, less than a month later,
we have trademarks, an online store, we are on our third
order of 100 shirts and I don't know how many bumper
stickers we've sold...
There's a Myspace, twitter and of course a Blogger account.
Our CafePress store (see CafePress slide show, top of page)
has 5 designs and over 30 products so far. We should have
another 5-6 designs and another 50-60 products in our
CafePress store by the end of the week.
It's crazy how much there is to do, between setting up and
maintaining the Myspace, twitter, GoDaddy, Blogger and
CafePress sites. There's making a business plan, cash flow
analysis wha??? business license, taxes, shipping/receiving,
finding a printer and on and on and on...
We've managed to keep from getting any loans or investors,
the shirts are selling like hotcakes at the comedy shows we do,
and that has been how we have been raising capitol. We are
hoping our CafePress store will take off soon. We are just now
starting to show up in search engines, that's a job in itself.
We've come a long way, and we have a hell of a long way to go.
Well, this has gone long enough already, will write more later.
Check out our CafePress products at the top of the page,
and while you're here check the You Tube clips I posted of
Marc and I doing some of our comedy, hope you like em.
Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A little comedy from Dave Bothun.

Some of Marc Yaffee's Comedy.

More from Dave Bothun.

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.